Posted on December 21, 2015 Topic(s): Cooking
The holidays are a time of gathering and celebration. Central to this festive season is food, including everything from shortbread to turkey and stuffing. You likely rely heavily on your range and other Kamloops appliances to prepare these scrumptious dishes. To make your time in the kitchen efficient and enjoyable, the experts at Genier’s have come up with some tips that will ensure your company is well fed.
In the kitchen, your range is a workhorse. Whether it’s a Dacor Discovery Dual-Fuel Range or a KitchenAid Double Oven Convection Range, this is where the bulk of your cooking happens. Following these simple tips will not only save energy, it’ll also assist your meal preparation and keep your kitchen cooler.
1. Don’t open the door: As tempted as you might be to open the door to peak at your Yorkshire puddings puffing up, don’t. Opening the door:
Instead, turn on the oven light to get a visual status update. Better yet, models like this Double French-door Oven by Viking features an integrated meat probe that sounds the timer when desired temperature is reached.
2. Room for everything: If your oven is on, you may as well cook as many items as possible at the same time. Many dishes cook at roughly the same temperature, so as long as there is enough room inside to allow hot air to circulate around your food, this can save a lot of time and hassle.
You might need to extend cooking times slightly, but with a little planning, you can stagger your cooking times so that each dish is ready at once.
3. Share the workload: Rather than rely on your range to prepare every dish, why not utilize the other appliances Kamloops home cooks love to use? For instance, if your stovetop is already being used at full capacity with gravy and mash potatoes, a microwave can perform a number of useful tasks:
4. Just the right temperature: Coordinating a Christmas feast requires careful planning. Even experienced cooks can sometime struggle to prepare a large meal so that everything is ready at the same time. That is, unless you use warming drawers.
For example, if your yams are ready before your ham has reached perfection, AEG features an array of warming drawers that will keep them at right the just temperature. As an added bonus, it frees up space in your oven (and countertop).
5. Use your vent hood: With all of this culinary action happening in the kitchen, it’s inevitable that your Kamloops appliances will start to heat up your living space. It’s surprising the number of homeowners who have vent hoods, but forget to use them. They’re great for removing:
To learn more about vent hoods, read our post: Custom Vent Hoods: A Buying Guide for Kelowna Appliances in the Kitchen.
Are you looking to upgrade your Kamloops appliances in the kitchen? The team at Genier’s carries the widest selection of top name brands and models in the Interior. Come by our live showroom in Vernon to see what’s available.